Charleston firemen were called to the Marriott Hotel downtown around 8:20 Sunday night.   Firemen found smoke showing on the second floor of the hotel, but soon determined the source was an overheated heater.   Damage was minimal and the scene was quickly cleared by the fire department.

A Lincoln County family will be spending Christmas Eve with friends and relatives after fire caused heavy damage to their home near Alum Creek.  The fire broke out about 8:00 Sunday night.   All occupants of the home escaped uninjured.  Volunteer firemen were able to save part of the house, but say there was significant damage to other parts of the structure.  No cause is known for the fire.

 

bubble graphic

0

bubble graphic

Comments

  • Comments for this article have been disabled.