MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia’s basketball team will host Georgia Southern and Presbyterian at the WVU Coliseum as part of the Cancun Challenge, before the Mountaineers move on to Mexico to face Old Dominion.
In Mexico, WVU will also meet either St. Louis or Wisconsin, depending on how the bracket plays out.
Tournament officials on Wednesday announced the pairings for next November’s event, which will be staged at the Aventura Palace resort near Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
The eight-team tournament features the first eight games played in the United States, and the final eight games played in Mexico. West Virginia, Old Dominion, Saint Louis and Wisconsin headline the host teams for the U.S. games and will be joined by Bowling Green State, Georgia Southern, Oral Roberts and Presbyterian.
Upon arriving in Mexico, teams will be split into two divisions (Riviera and Mayan), and a champion will be crowned in both. All four games of the Riviera Division — which includes WVU — will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.
Pairings for all games in the U.S. and Mexico:
Thursday, Nov. 21
• Bowling Green at Wisconsin
• Oral Roberts at Saint Louis
• Presbyterian at Old Dominion
• Georgia Southern at West Virginia
Saturday, Nov. 23
• Oral Roberts at Wisconsin
• Bowling Green at Saint Louis
• Georgia Southern at Old Dominion
• Presbyterian at West Virginia
Tuesday, Nov. 26
• Presbyterian vs. Bowling Green
• Oral Roberts vs. Georgia Southern
• West Virginia vs. Old Dominion
• Saint Louis vs. Wisconsin
Wednesday, Nov. 27
• Matchups TBD