CABIN CREEK, W.Va. — A Kanawha County man may have very well saved his brother’s life Monday morning.

County Fire Coordinator C.W. Sigman said Frank Miller of Ohley saw his brother’s house on fire and ran in and got him out.

“It appears to me that’s probably what saved the day,” Sigman said.

The blaze destroyed the house of David Miller. He was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Sigman said he’s not sure what started the blaze but it could have been a heating source.

“His brother said he was using a kerosene heater and the cook stove to keep the house warm. We could speculate that might have caused it but that would be speculation right now,” Sigman said.

Firefighters from Cabin Creek, East Bank and Chesapeake were on the scene.

The house on Arizona Lane in Ohley was declared a total loss.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic