ALKOL, W.Va. – A Lincoln County woman died after a grease fire at her home on Sunday night.

Information from emergency officials indicated the woman’s body was found on a couch after a fire started in the kitchen and sent smoke through the home.

The deadly fire happened near Route Three in Alkol.

The victim was identified as Glenna Ann Hager, 73.  She reportedly died from smoke inhalation but there were burns on her body.

Officials with the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.

bubble graphic

1

bubble graphic

Comment

  • northforkfisher

    I hate hearing this and hope she was dead before receiving the burns.