PARKERSBURG, W.Va. — A fire at a Parkersburg recycling facility began after a battery exploded when a car was crushed.

The fire happened at RJ Recycling around noon Saturday.

Parkersburg police closed parts of Garfield Avenue and 19th Street, as well as other roads in the area.

According to Parkersburg Fire Department Capt. Craig Wix, the flames up to 20 to 30 feet in the air at points.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic
Comments