CLARKSBURG, W.Va. — A Monongalia County man became the seventh person to admit to participating in a 33-person drug ring that spanned from Michigan to West Virginia.
Codey Bonnette, 25, of Morgantown, admitted to distribution of oxycodone. The crime in question occurred in September 2015 in Monongalia County.
Bonnette faces up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1,000,000.
- Anna May Martin, 32, formerly of Westover, WV
- Thomas Keener, 22, formerly of Fairmont, WV
- Holly Jo Exline, 22, formerly of Dellslow, WV
- Bobbie Jo Phillips, 30, formerly of Morgantown, WV
- Makyna Kansco, 22, formerly of Crawford, WV
- Carlee Cuppet, 25, formerly of Kingwood, WV
Assistant U.S. Attorney Zelda E. Wesley prosecuted the cases on behalf of the government. The Mon Metro Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force, a HIDTA-funded initiative, investigated.