CLARKSBURG, W.Va. — After an hour of deliberation, a 12-member jury acquitted a 54-year-old Clarksburg man accused of stabbing three people in a Baltimore Avenue home earlier this year.

Donald Keith Amos was acquitted of all charges related to the March 7 incident — three counts of felony malicious assault, one count of felony burglary and one count of misdemeanor domestic assault.

Amos was accused of unlawfully entering the Baltimore Street home to see his ex-girlfriend, putting a knife to her throat and threatening to kill her, as well as attacking three others in the home who attempted to intervene.

However, during the trial, Amos’ ex-girlfriend and the other accusers provided testimony that differed from what they told police earlier in the case.

Amos gave his own testimony on the stand late Wednesday afternoon, stating that his ex-girlfriend invited him over to her son’s house to see her, and nearly immediately after he arrived, she started screaming for help.

Amos claimed it was a setup, and upon exiting was jumped by the three individuals outside of the home. He then took his penknife out of his pocket as self defense, he said.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic
Comments