ELKINS, W.Va. — A Randolph County home is deemed a total loss following a fire Tuesday evening.

Multiple fire departments responded to the fire at a house along Thorn Avenue shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Elkins Fire Department Chief Tom Meader said a man and his dog were inside of the home at the time of the fire, but both were able to get out of the house without injury. The man was not transported.

“He was fine. He got out in time to not breathe in smoke or anything,” Meader said.

Meader said a propane heater in the house caused the fire.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic
Comments