COOPERS CREEK, W.Va.¬†—¬†Three people avoided injury when the house they were in caught fire early Friday morning in northern Kanawha County.

The blaze at a residence on Rosewood Way near Coopers Creek Road, was apparently caused by a burning propane tank that exploded and rolled down the hill striking the residence. There was also a report of a second explosion.

The fire was reported at about 1:30 a.m. The house was destroyed.

Investigators with the state Fire Marshal’s Office spent a couple of hours on the scene Friday morning.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic