CLAY COUNTY, W.Va. — Three people were hurt in a Clay County house fire early Friday morning, according to emergency officials.
The fire was reported around 5:30 a.m. near Maysel at a home on Maysel Laurel Ridge Road.
Initial reports from Clay County fire officials indicated the blaze may have started with a space heater.
In all, the nine people at the home at the time did make it out of the burning structure.
The three people hurt — said to be one child and two adults — were being treated for burn injuries and smoke inhalation.