BECKLEY, W.Va. — The Tamarack tourist stop and conference center in Raleigh County was evacuated Wednesday morning, due to a reported gas leak in the facility’s kitchen.

According to authorities at the scene, a malfunctioning pilot light appeared to be the source of the leak, and the building was evacuated as a precaution.

Gas service was shut off while repairs were made. The evacuation was lifted about three hours after the incident was reported, and employees were allowed to re-enter the building, which remains closed to the public until further notice.

West Virginia State Police, Mountaineer Gas, and a local fire department responded to the scene.