WHARNCLIFFE, W.Va.¬†—¬†Three Mingo County volunteer firefighters were treated for possible chemical exposure after an explosion and fire at a mobile home in Wharncliffe Friday afternoon.

Authorities said they were concerned the Wharncliffe Volunteer Fire Department crew members had been exposed to chemicals used in cooking meth. So they were transported to a hospital as a precaution.

The blaze happened at the residence on Spring Fork Road at about 2:30 p.m. Friday.

An investigation into the fire is underway by the Mingo County Sheriff’s Department.

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

bubble graphic

bubble graphic
Comments