Talk Show Video Producer
The Talk Show Video Producer will coordinate and execute the technical details of the video production of the daily MetroNews talk shows produced in Morgantown, W.Va. Producer is responsible for the video content of productions delivered to various distribution platforms, including the internet and social media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan all visual aspects of the talk shows in conjunction with show hosts. Work with graphic designers to produce on-air motion graphics for openings/closings and guest identifications. Prepare and integrate other live on-air graphics and video b-roll. Confirm Skype procedures with show guests.
- Plan, direct and switch four camera studio productions; operate video switching, character generation and digital video effects equipment.
- Coordinate video commercial insertion with traffic department.
- Assist video engineer with routine adjustments and maintenance to studio and control room equipment.
- Coordinate the posting of video and/or audio segments from each show to social media during and immediately after each show.
- Shoot and edit other short-form studio video productions and programs.
- Participate in occasional remote video productions as assigned.
- Recruit and supervise student interns as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current events in order that show content is topical and researched.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
Travel – Duties will require occasional trips to produce and direct talk shows originating from remote locations.
Work hours – Duties require working a split shift, 8 am to 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend work is required.
Location – Talk Shows will be produced primarily in new, modern facilities in Morgantown, W.Va.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia and ability to operate cameras and other studio/control room equipment
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent communications, organizational, presentation and listening skills
- Possess high energy level and be extremely motivated
- Demonstrated ability to function professionally under high stress circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks for extended period of time
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan and organize work
- Proactive attitude towards work and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and develop personal contacts
- Demonstrated knowledge of record keeping and adherence to schedule
- Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards, work extended hours including nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to supervise unpaid student interns
- Working knowledge of Newtek Tricaster 8500, NewTek Talk Show, NewTek 3-Play and Snappy TV software program preferred
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop preferred
- Minimum one (1) year previous experience in video production
Submit application letter with resume and references to: West Virginia Radio Corporation, 260 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV 26505, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
West Virginia Radio Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.