As you sit down to gorge yourself on turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie and other assorted indulgences on Thanksgiving, don’t forget to take a minute and think about the things you have to be thankful for. And Herd fans have a few things to be thankful this year. I polled a few of my friends and came up with a few reasons to be thankful.
- Thankful to still being excited for football season. The last few years we were already discussing the outlook for basketball season.
- Thankful we haven’t heard the word “rebuilding” all year in reference to the football team.
- Thankful for Northern silence…. its deafening it’s so quiet up there.
- Thankful for former coach Bob Pruett who can call out the fans and challenge them to fill the stadium for the biggest game in more than decade. It means something when it comes from him and he knows Herd Nation will respond.
- Thankful for the fans who bleed kelly green and always back The Herd.
- Thankful that Marshall players aren’t starving and the indoor practice facility will be built big enough.
- Most of all… Thankful Marshall is playing in a meaningful game at the end of the season. This is what the fans wanted. To have The Herd take on East Carolina for east division supremacy.
Feel free to add to the list below. A special thanks to Clark Davis, Krystle Davis and Ryan Epling for contributing to the list.