RAND, W.Va. — A Kanawha County woman survived an explosion at her house Wednesday night.
“It’s a miracle,” said Kanawha County fire coordinator C.W. Sigman.
The blast at the home on Church Drive didn’t leave much standing but the woman living there was taken to a Charleston hospital.
“The walls of the house blew out and the roof came down on top of it. I’m not aware of her injuries but she was alert and conscious and talking to them and asked for her medicines,” Sigman said.
An initial investigation believed the explosion was natural gas-related.