MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — The investigation continues after a fatal shed fire over the weekend.Martinsburg Police and fire crews responded to a wooded area behind 750 Baltimore Street at 3:26 Saturday afternoon. The West Virginia Fire Marshals Office also responded.Officers found an old structure, determined to be a shed, with a mattress inside on fire. The structure did not burn down.54 year-old Bryan Butler was found deceased inside of the shed. There were cigarettes and several bottles of alcohol in the area. Butler had been living in the shed “for an undisclosed amount of time”, according to police.It remains unclear if Butler died from the fire or a medical issue before the fire. The body has been sent to the state Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.No foul play is suspected at this point of the investigation.
Autumn begins in West Virginia
Summer may have seemed hot, but NWS says it was about average.
September 22, 2020 - 1:16 pm