ST. ALBANS, W.Va. — A Friday night fire has displaced a number of elderly residents in the community of St. Albans.
Four fire departments from Kanawha and Putnam Counties responded to the blaze at the Knollview Village Apartments Friday night around 11:30 p.m. The fire was electrical. Damage to the apartment where it occurred was minimal, but authorizes say power to the building had to be shut off.
Repairs could take up to a week before the service is restored.
Many who live in the building area elderly and some are on oxygen. The Red Cross has been leading the effort to find each resident temporary shelter until they are able to safely return to their apartments.